1.1
Additional Fees

I am really pissed with YouFit in Richmond VA.I paid for a 3-month membership and never finished my training.

They were going to automatically renew my membership which I objected to. I wanted to continue my training but I lost my job. I have been unemployed since January and instead of having my membership renewed, I put a freeze on my membership. When I tried to cancel my membership after the 3-month freeze, they told me I had to come into the gym to cancel.

They also told me I to do it when the Coaching Manager was there and he was not until the next week. I ended up going to a funeral of a friend and was unable to go to the gym. When I realized that I had forgotten they started debiting my account with the fee of $120. I immediately called them and told them to cancel it.

I went into the gym and was told it was canceled. Well two weeks later, I was hit with another $120 from my account. Now, I am living off of unemployment of $300 a week until I can find another job. I can barely pay my bills when I have a $1000 rent payment to make, plus car note, insurance, credit cards etc.

I cannot afford $240 for a training membership in a month. I was so angry and irate that my pressure shot up sky high. I was afraid I would have a stroke. Anyhow they told me that I had to continue to pay the 3-month contract which I never started or even attempted to use when I still have 11 days of training left on the previous 3 months contract.

No one stated this to me when I went into the gym to sign the contract cancellation request. So it seems I am just giving YouFit $720 for a 3-month membership that is now canceled that I am never going to use. I contacted ABC Financial who does the billing for YouFit and they pretty much told me the same but that I had to send a certified letter requesting cancellation of the training membership. That was not told to me.

The 3-month payment even after canceling was not explained to me, even though management at this gym is insistent that they did. I told him, if he had, I would have been livid in the gym instead of on the phone with me. This location has changed management so many times since I joined in Oct. 2015.

At least 4 that I can count from my personal experience. I need to get my money back and they won't give any refunds. I was never told about this cancellation policy and they are liars in this gym. I am thinking of pursuing legal action as well due to the misrepresentation of the membership contracts and the lies that they have told.

I will never ever step foot into this gym again. Please DO NOT TAKE A COACHING MEMBERSHIP WITH THIS GYM. The regular gym is ok but not the coaching. I have had coaches at this gym to leave twice before I got there because I was running a little late for my appointment.

I called to let them know I was running late and they still left. Then I had one good one, but then she transferred to another location.

I knew I should have followed her to the other location and forgot about the jerks at this location.Worst membership for training situation ever.

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment at Youfit Health Clubs. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $720 and wants Youfit Health Clubs to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was training membership. Author liked the most gym membership and accessibility. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Youfit Health Clubs and youfit health clubs youcoach personal training for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Youfit Health Clubs?

Comments